Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Greatest Adventure

The Monday before Valentine's Day, my FHE group made Lord of the Rings inspired Valentine's cards (they turned out quite spectacularly).  Anyways, during this creative time, we were listening to music from the Lord of the Rings trilogy, which got us talking about the old animated versions of the Hobbit and Return of the King.  Now I am watching them, and I forgot how much I loved these movies.

I had also forgotten how well I knew the dialogue.  There was a moment where I was quoting part of the Hobbit for a good five minutes.  But the best part of these movies...Glen Yarborough singing...


Ahh, my childhood.  Good times, nay, great times.



1 comment:

  1. How many animated versions of LOTR are there?
    I saw this version growing up:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohw78b1TTFY
    & all I can remember about the experience is being worried to death because I thought I had killed my classroom's pet turtle by giving it too much food.

    random.
    i know.

    ReplyDelete